Conditions Générales de Vente
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF ONLINE BOOKING OF ACCOMMODATION AND CATERING SERVICES -
Refuge de Cougourde (FFCAM)
The FFCAM runs an online booking platform
- The purpose of this contract is to ensure remote digital booking of overnight stays and catering services provided by the hut warden.
- Any booking made via this platform presupposes the full and unconditional acceptance of the hereby detailed terms and conditions
- The Customer’s agreement regarding these terms and conditions is obtained when the booking is completed. No reservation can be completed without this agreement
- The Customercan save and edit these terms and conditions by using standard functionalities of his/her internet browser or computer.
- Reservations made via platforms operated by service providers which are not the FFCAM may be governed by specific modalities (articles 4, 7 and 14)
- Prior to booking any service, the Customer declares that reservation is made for his/her personal and non-commercial use only.
- The Customer benefits from specific rights due to his/her status, which could be void if the services were not booked for his/her personal and non-commercial use.
- Information relative to the booking process and accessible on the FFCAM booking platform is provided in English and other foreign languages. Only the French document is legally binding. Translated terms and conditions, performed by an automated translation tool, do not engage the FFCAM’s legal responsibility
- The Customerhereby declares having full legal capacity allowing them to agree to these terms and conditions
Articles 3, 6, 13 specifically concern online booking on the websites published by the FFCAM: url of the form xxx.ffcam.fr, xxx.alpes-refuges.fr, and http://entrepyr.eu. These articles also relate to the site https://www.refuges-vanoise.com/
Articles 4, 7 and 14 relate specifically to the marketplaces published by the FFCAM partners, whose reservation is made using OpenSystem tools.
ARTICLE 1 : SCOPE
These terms and conditions of sale determine the rights and obligations of parties involved in the process of booking services online on this website, operated by the FFCAM, FédérationFrançaise des Clubs Alpins et de Montagne, 1901 law association recognised for its public utility, whose headquarters are located at 24 avenue de Laumière
75019 PARIS, SIRET Number 775 671 316 00260, (civil protection insurance, AXA policy N°4706458904), (33) 153 728 700 ,email@example.com
The ‘seller’ refers to the hut warden offering accommodation and catering services sold online via a common interest mandate agreed with the FFCAM
The ‘Customer’ refers to the person buying accommodation and catering services in the hut online.
ARTICLE 2 : RESPONSABILITY
The FFCAM’s online booking platform has been developed to facilitate the completion and management of reservations of accommodation and catering services in FFCAM buildings, for the Customers and the hut warden.
As a consequence, the FFCAM does not substitute itself to the hut warden in any way in the operational management of accommodation services. Accommodation and catering services are the sole responsibility of the hutwarden of the relevant site. Feedback and complaints expressed by users must be formulated in line with the article 16 of the terms and conditions relative to each hut.
The FFCAM does not have the mandate to intervene in any litigation opposing a Customer to the hut warden, and cannot be held liable for the latter.
ARTICLE 3 : RESERVATION OF ACCOMMODATION AND CATERING SERVICES ON ONLINE PLATFORMS EDITED BY THE FFCAM
Booking requests are made by adding items to the basket after selecting dates, periods (guarded, unguarded) number of beds and services.
Prior to any reservation, the client commits to provide any requested information, and assures of its veracity.
The online booking process comprises the following steps:
• Stage 1 : Availability
• Stage 2 : Services
• Stage 3 :Providing info relative to the stay and opening of a Customer account (Logging to an existing account or creation of a Customer account, (personal ID and password)
• Stage4 :Verification of the summary of the order’s details, prices and fees, correction of potential errors and consultation and acceptation of the terms and conditions of the booking and rates.
By clicking on ‘Validate and access payment’, the Customerthereby validates and confirms the order, declares having read and agreed the terms and conditions, and is irrevocably binded.
• Stage 5 :Payment of the services or deposit
• Stage 6 : Automated confirmation email sent to the client, confirming whether the booking has been completed or not.
The validation of the online booking is conditional to availability in the chosen hut compared to the number of beds requested, as well as the effective payment of the deposit or fees.
ARTICLE 4 : RESERVATION OF ACCOMMODATION AND CATERING SERVICES ON ONLINE PLATFORMS NON EDITED BY THE FFCAM
The reservation of overnight stays in FFCAM accommodation may be offered on other online booking websites, in particular via "Market places". These sites present specific conditions of use which should be referred to.
ARTICLE 5 : PRICES AND REDUCED RATED
Prices in the schedule of rates are indicated in euros and relate to one person. The amount does not include taxes enforced in each site at the time of the booking (visitor’s tax and heating tax).
Reduced rates on overnight stays are only valid if the Customer can provide the specific documentation required by the FFCAM.
Group rates are applicable to eligible user categories, depending on the number of individuals paying within one group.
Reduced rates are only implemented when required documentation is presented to the hut warden.
ARTICLE 6 : DEPOSIT PAYMENT FOR ACCOMMODATION SERVICES ON WEBSITE EDITED BY THE FFCAM
The Customer pays online the deposit relativeto accommodation services only. In cases of late cancellation, the deposit will not be refunded. The deposit will only be refunded according to the modalities relative to each hut, deducing the administration fee per overnight stay, as indicated in article 11 of the terms and conditions relative to each hut.
The deposit payment is made by bank card, on online secured pages. Bank card details are encrypted via an SSL protocol (Secured Socket Layer). Payment via bank cards allows for immediate booking. Electronic cards or e-cards are not accepted on the platform for technical reasons. It is recommended to print the reservation confirmation. In some instances, the client will be required to show the confirmation email upon arrival at the hut..
ARTICLE 7 :DEPOSIT PAYMENT FOR ACCOMMODATION SERVICES ON PLATFORMS NON EDITED BY THE FFCAM
The customer will pay the amount of the deposit relating to the accommodation service booked according to the terms of each building. We invite the client to inquire about the payment methods accepted by the hut (Beware, bank cards are not accepted as payment methods in most huts, payments can be made by cheque, cash and ‘cheque vacances’). The Customer will be required to show valid documentation to benefit from specific rates (FFCAM licence, international partner organisation cards, and professional cards)
ARTICLE 8 : BOOKING DEADLINE
Online reservation can be made up to 1 days before the first date of stay.
ARTICLE 9 : RESERVATION VALIDITY PERIOD
The booking will be maintained up until the arrival deadline, as indicated on the reservation confirmation.
ARTICLE 10 : SPECIFIC CONDITIONS RELATIVE TO ONLINE BOOKING IN THIS HUT
Online booking is possible up to 40 persons per reservation in this. A reservation cannot be made for more than 3 consecutive days in this hut.
ARTICLE 11 : CANCELLATION OR AMENDMENT INITIATED BY THE CUSTOMER
We notify you that accommodation and catering services are not subjected to the 14 day withdrawal deadline specified by the French Consumer Code.
These terms and conditions of sale specify the cancellation and modification modalities for reservations made on the web platforms edited by the FFCAM.
Where the conditions of sale of the hut allow it, cancellation of the reservation can be made directly on the website on which the Customer made his reservation, via his Customer account.
ARTICLE 12 : STAY INTERRUPTION
In cases of interruption of stay initiated by the Customer, the hut warden is not required to proceed to a deposit or balance refund.
ARTICLE 13 : MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION OF A RESERVATION MADE ON A PLATFORM EDITED BY THE FFCAM
The Customer can diminish the number of days or cancel his/her stay altogether online by logging in to his/her client account:
- modification or cancellation less than 3 days before the first day of stay, taking effect at 0.00AM French time (GMT+2), the full balance will be retained.
- modification or cancellation more than 3 days before the first day of stay, taking effect at 0.00AM French time (GMT+2), the deposit will be refunded, minus an administrative and bank fee of 0.35 euros/night/person amended or cancelled, for every amendment or cancellation.
Increasing the number of days or persons within a booking will require the Customer to make a new reservation.
Catering services that are booked online and which have not been amended or cancelled will be charged by the hut warden,in his/her own right.
ARTICLE 14 : CANCELLATION MADE ON A PLATFORMS THAT ARE NOT EDITED BY THE FFCAM
The cancellation of a reservation must be made via your customer account in the accommodation reservation page of the FFCAM website: https://www.ffcam.fr/reserver-votre-refuge-en-ligne.html
You will receive a password recovery email. This can be used to log into your customer account and make the necessary changes.
The date and time of the cancellation request will prevail to determine your reimbursement rights:
- cancellation less than 3 days before the first day of stay, taking effect at 0.00AM French time (GMT+2), the full balance will be retained.
- cancellation more than 3 days before the first day of stay, taking effect at 0.00AM French time (GMT+2), the deposit will be refunded, minus an administrative and bank fee of 0.35 euros/night/person amended or cancelled, for every amendment or cancellation.
Modifying the number of persons or nights within a booking will require a new reservation being made.
Following your cancellation request, any refund of your deposit according to the rules presented above will be made by bank transfer. To allow the transfer of the refund, you will be invited to enter your bank details (IBAN and Account Holder) in your customer account. These bank details will not be kept once the refund has been processed.
ARTICLE 15 : CANCELLATION INITIATED BY THE SELLER
The FFCAM may cancel the reservation free of charge before the start of the stay if it is prevented from providing the service due to exceptional and unavoidable circumstances, in particular due to the weather and security conditions required. The FFCAM will notify the client of this cancellation as soon as possible before the date of the stay. The customer is entitled to a full refund of the payments made, but may not demand additional compensation for any damage suffered.
ARTICLE 16 : COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
Complaints must be issued by the Customer , as soon as practicable to :
- The hut warden in charge of the relevant services
- Copy a register letter with acknowledgement of receipt at CAF NICE MERCANTOUR , Les Jardins de France , 14 Avenue Mirabeau , 06000 NICE ( 04.93.62.59.99 ) .
ARTICLE 17 : LITIGATION
This contract is governed by French Law and it is enforced by French jurisdictions.
ARTICLE 18 : RESPECT DE LA VIE PRIVEE
To comply with the requirements of the 6/1/1978 law regarding IT, Data and Freedom, the Customer is hereby notified that data he/she provides by completing the forms on this platform are required to process his/her reservation, are retained on this booking platform or issued to partners in order to manage the booking.
This data is issued to the relevant hutwarden during the booking process. The Customer is hereby notified that he/she has a right to access and amend persona data held by the FFCAM, , service du PatrimoineBâti, 24 rue Laumière, 75019 PARIS, The FFCAM hereby confirms having completed all due CNIL requirements (declaration CNIL N° 142 4403, dated 15/04/ 2010).